Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Friday, but don't tell anyone!

Well, my horoscope was wrong. It said I would be invincible with my decisions this week. BAH! After inviting some people to a fowl supper this week and then embarassingly not being able to get tickets to ordering 2 for 1 pasta and getting exactly what I ordered (imagine!), the week has not gone smooth. I'm considering writing my own horoscope section. Who does those things, anyway? And what kind of training do you need? I'm thinking none. Just slap some possible jibber-jabber down and your done. Hmmm... I wonder how well they get paid?

Pirates are all the rage this year because of the Pirates of the Caribean movie. Sure, the pirate life looks like fun and games - the open sea, swashbuckling, Davey Jones - but have you ever stopped and considered some of the hardships they face?

I know we have some '80s readers out there, people who grew up in the days of Atari and Intellivision. What a great Christmas gift idea - Space Invaders cufflinks. Unfortunately, this item already sold in an auction, but you could contact the seller and see if he could make some more for you.

If we've learned anything from Calvin and Hobbes, it's that babysitting can be a tough, thankless job. From changing diapers to running after kids to running to the hospital, it is a trying gig. Especially if a bear knocks on the door.

I like my sports. My wife will tell you that I can get quite focused on a football game and tune everything else out. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

How many of you are there? This site will tell you how many people share your name in the United States. Sadly not for Canada, but I can tell you that only 1 person in the entire USA has my combination of first and last name.

Need to waste some time? If you're a pro at spotting the differences in the pictures in the little challenge in the newspaper, you'll enjoy this site.

And finally, for the photographer in your life, show them this telephoto lens. I'm not sure how far you can see with this thing, but if you have one, I don't want to know what you're doing with it.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

No comments: